Just received an Art Blog Award from great artist & fellow art blogger, Akiko Watanabe. Thanks Akiko! Please check out her amazing animal paintings. The recipient of this award is supposed to name 7 things he/she loves, so here are 7 of mine:
1. I love God, and I feel a connection to God whenever I paint, and this is #1 for me.
2. photography - some I do for painting reference, but more recently I have 'gone pro' and included my photography in my professional galleries on my website. Some of my photography combines with my love for travel.
3. Icon-writing - I've taken lessons in Russian Byzantine icon painting (called 'icon-writing'), and this is something I very much enjoy and look forward to doing more of.
4. The view out my studio window - I look out on Brooklyn rooftops and the Williamsburg Bank building. I've heard there is a falcon's nest on the top of it's tower.
5. The food in my neighborhood - great restaurants. Akiko, come visit! There is the local Food Co-op and Brooklyn Bread bakery, with the pastries of your dreams, cannolis, cream puffs, fruit tarts and delicacies. I'll have to paint some of these.
6. Park Slope - the neighborhood where I live in Brooklyn, is a hopping place I've called home for 31 years.
7. Water - I love the seashore and water environments, so my studio is LoveWater Studio.
I'm passing this Art Blog Award to five artists in the miniature painting and wildlife arenas:
Rachelle and Wes Siegrist - award-winning husband-wife team of miniaturists specializing in wildlife art. Rachelle has also won awards for her miniature portraits
Bill Mundy - from Oxfordshire, U.K. one of the greatest portrait miniaturists, who shares wonderful travel stories
Dana Lee Thompson - check out Dana's website including miniature paintings of her specialties: hounds and horses
Johnny Mullane - just recently discovered this wonderful wildlife painter's blog