Sunday, February 15, 2009

"Angel Be Mine"



"Angel Be Mine," 1" x 13/16", egg tempera on vellum, $30 + free shipping (see 3/21/09 sale)

Here are the other two hearts I painted.  "Love You" and "Angel Be Mine" are each painted "in the spirit of miniature," which is a rule applied when something, such as a candy heart, is too small to begin with to portray at 1/6th scale.

Note:  I'm working on my portrait of Aretha and will be posting my progress late tonight, along with a photo and some information in answer to someone's question about the brushes I use for miniature painting.  Meanwhile, take a look at my latest drawing recently posted on my other blog, Grander Joy of Spirit in Portraiture.  



3 comments:

Debra Keirce said...

I don't know how you keep up with more than one blog! Your hearts are precious, and the portrait drawing is lovely! I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day.

artbyakiko said...

Mona this is another cute painting! I like that you gave a blue background to this one while the other one has pink. What is the size of this painting? They go together perfectly.

Mona Diane Conner said...

Thanks Deb and Akiko.

Would you believe it, I actually had the size posted, but in my effort to post the art (this art was hard to scan accurately) I must have erased it, so I'll re-label it, now. Thanks for flagging it for me Akiko.