Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Progress on "Heaven on Earth Rose"


Heaven on Earth Rose (in progress), 2 1/2" x 2 7/8", egg tempera on Kelmscott vellum

Here's an update on my progress with my second in a series of rose miniatures. As mentioned earlier, this kind of miniature which zeros in on a small subject is one that some refer to as 'atypical' because it has all the qualities of a miniature, except 1/6th scale. More to come on it, plus a start on a new miniature.

The previous step in "Heaven on Earth Rose" as it posted earlier this Fall, (a Floribunda species called, "Heaven on Earth")

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Totally unbelievable Mona - looks like a stunning photo, the colours are su rich and the detail is fabulous - you amaze me!!!

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Your roses are so jewel-like. Beautiful work, Mona! I'll be watching.

Mona Diane Conner said...

Karen and Barbara, you are very kind, thank you.

Todd Bonita said...

Mona,
thanks for the kind comments on my blog. Thought I'd stop over and see what was going on in miniature world only to find my mind blown by the scale of this beautifully done rose...amazing! You are definitely having all the fun.
All my best to you,
Todd

Mona Diane Conner said...

Thanks Todd, it's entirely mutual!

Kathleen Coy said...

So beautiful! I love the glossiness of the leaves.

artbyakiko said...

It's so beautiful, and has amazing details. Even more amazing is that the actual work is smaller than it appears on my screen!

Debra Keirce said...

Mona, I like how your work is so photorealistic, and the luminosity you achieve with your egg tempera. This is another outstanding ex. of both.