Saturday, November 7, 2009

Lauren's Shining Moment

"Sweet Pea Blossom," 3" x 2", egg tempera on vellum, NFS


"When Lauren Smiles," 2 7/8" x 3 3/4", egg tempera on gessoed panel, NFS

Above are two miniature portraits I created of my brother's daughter, Lauren, which were on exhibit in the first Miniature Art Society of Florida annual miniature show that I participated back in (2003). More recently you may remember that I drew a pencil portrait of Lauren on her birthday in an earlier post in Aug. '09.

As her Aunt, I'm very proud of her for yesterday scoring the winning goal for her women's college soccer team against the #1 team, enabling her team to advance to the Southern Conference championship game against Charleston tomorrow! It was an absolute thrill also today for me to see her pictured on the Southern Conference homepage. I'll be routing for you and your team tomorrow, Lauren!

5 comments:

artbyakiko said...

Both paintings are so sweet and have such beautiful colors. She is now an amazing athlete. Congrats, Lauren!

Unknown said...

These are both so beautiful Mona, I especially love the top one which reminds me of the traditional miniature portraits of times gone by - absolutely perfect!!!

Mona Diane Conner said...

Thanks Akiko and Karen!

Debra Keirce said...

Wonderful portraiture Mona! Exquisite detail!!

Mona Diane Conner said...

thanks Deb!