Monday, May 30, 2011

Marcia and Harry ~ finishing touches and framing

"Marcia and Harry" frame treatment


"Marcia and Harry", after final touches, 3 7/8" x 3", egg tempera miniature couples portrait

Just wanted to briefly revisit the miniature portrait of "Marcia and Harry" since before I framed and shipped this out, I added a few final touches which I feel subtly improved it---a bit of additional dimension to chins and faces, plus a forgotten buttonhole on the gray jacket (small, but it's there!) It's interesting how even after I've been working on a painting so long, it often helps to see what else can be done when I have the luxury of giving it a break and can take one last look before framing. I can also report that Mom and Harry have received their portrait, and were very happy with the outcome!

I hope to return next to my Princess Kate series, this time at small work scale in 24 karat gold point. Meanwhile, feel welcome to visit my portrait blog and my website where you can see some of my larger work with commissioned and non-commissioned portraiture.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love this little treasure Mona and I'm sure Marcia and Harry will too - truly fantastic work!!! :)

artbyakiko said...

This is such a nice portraits. I just love their happy smile. The frame is also beautiful. Great job, Mona!

Edward Burton said...

Fantastic job, Mona.