Saturday, April 11, 2009

Holiday Wishes, & a Painting Award

"Crucifix for B-Gay," 2 1/4" x 1 7/8", egg tempera on Kelmscott vellum




I've received the "Passion for Painting" award again, this time for my Ruby Slippers blog, from Deb Kierce.  Thank you Deb!  Deb enjoys painting ACEO's, another form of miniature painting, and she features precious scenes from nature.  In acknowledging this award I am supposed to name five things I love, and since I especially love going to the movies, I am choosing just five out of many great movies I have particularly enjoyed over the years:  "Breakfast at Tiffany's," "Corrina, Corrina," "Saint Ralph," "Picture Bride," & "The Horse's Mouth."  "The Horse's Mouth" is an old British classic with Alec Guiness that every artist should see! 

Since this award has already been around the block, I'm not passing it forward; however, I am creating an award of my own for something very special, so stay tuned for that tomorrow.  Passover and Easter are special times.  Tonight I am attending a Paschal Vigil at my local church, and I wish everyone a joyful and meaningful holiday time.

3 comments:

Debra Keirce said...

Your tulips are delightful! Happy Easter, and can you believe I haven't seen one of the movies you mentioned...I have to sit down and watch a few. It's been too long!

Unknown said...

congratulations.... Painting passionately and proficiently has nothing to do with proportion, you've certainly proved that!

artbyakiko said...

Congrats Mona! Well deserved.
I love your Crucifix painting. It's so beautiful!